Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Baby soakers!



I bought this beautiful yarn from Family Pendragon - It is called "Indigo" and is BFL Aran. I LOVE this colorway it knits up so pretty!!


I made the Little Turtle Knits soaker and Easy sweater for a good friend's new baby!! I had the soaker done and the sweater almost done when the "little" guy was born. He came out at 10lb 5oz!!!! Both Mom and Baby did great though and are happy and healthy.


Well of course I knitted up the small sized soaker and when I sent it to my friend - it fit.....barely! So she asked if it was possible to (and did I have enough yarn) for a larger sized soaker. The sweater will fit for a while.


I know I didn't have quite enough for another, larger sized, soaker so I contacted Melissa at Family Pendragon and asked it a quick custom would be possible. She said yes and they had more BFL Aran in stock. So she and her partner at Family Pendragon dyed up another 8oz of yarn for me in less than a week! I recieved the yarn last week and as soon as I get done with my present project I'll be knitting up a sized medium soaker to match the sweater!! Can't rave enough about Family Pendragon!


Right now I'm knitting up a sweater for myself. I'm using some wonderful Licorice Twist from Little Turtle Knits and a pattern from the Big Book of Knitting (Simply Knitting). I'm only a little way into the sweater and I love the way it is looking. I've upped the needle size to an 11 so that it is a much looser knit - good for summer into fall. Also because I don't know if I calculated the yardage right when I bought the skeins!
Oh and I scored a yarn bowl from June at Rising Sun Earthworks! I'm not really sure how I got it as they are pretty heavily stalked! Must have been my brothers fast connection since I got it while visiting my family in New Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment