Friday, November 2, 2007

Kool-aid


I dyed yarn...for the very first time! I was trying to match a piece of fabric that I have and want yarn to coordinate with. I don't know how well I did - I'm going to wait until the yarn drys before I judge. I did get splotches of the wrong color in places I really didn't want it - but hopefully it is not to bad and when it is knitted up will not be noticable!
I used Orange, Pina-Pineapple, Ice Blue Raspberry Lemonade, and Tamarindo for colors. I mixed a little of the Tamarindo with both the orange and the Pineapple to darken them a little. I know I need a larger/flatter microwave pan - other than that I think it went well.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe this was your first attempt at Kool-Aid dying. They're really very nice! I can't wait to see what you make from them.

    ReplyDelete